Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Confusing

For this week, I have a new arch-nemesis. It's a collective arch-nemesis, embodied by a blog that I first learned of through one of the Charlotte Observer's Panthers Blog. It's a Seahawks blog called 12 Seahawks Street.

Now, please note that this will only be my arch-nemesis until after Sunday (when the Panthers will beat down the Seachickens (yeah, I know, not too clever)) at which point in time I will return to arch-nemesising Nathan Tabor and/or Judson Cox.

The posters at 12 Seahawks Street are a strange mix of helpful, insightful, crude, idiotic, smart, homophobic, misogynistic, and downright nice.

Everytime I go there, I come away with a different feeling. alba is definitely nice, not to mention she was hot in Dark Angel. disclaimer: alba may not really be Jessica Alba.

Anyway, they have shown a certain penchant for thinking the rest of the world doesn't exist, but then that may just be how Seattle always is. They are very clever, creating new jokes about people from the south no one has ever thought of before. One of them even came up with a new word - redneck! How creative and original.

They are obviously averse to fact-checking as they make up stats to show why the Panthers are the worst team to ever step on the gridiron.

So, until Monday, I promise to fight the good fight and stay strong against this new menace. After that, I'll either become friends with these people or never go to that site again. Who knows.

[added: PP, we love you. MGT! MGT! MGT!