Friday, January 06, 2006

Ask the Candidate

Special presentation brought to you by the Yo!06 campaign.

In an effort to let my constituents get to know me better, I have decided to answer your questions.

For this installment, Thorlac writes (via Sadly No!):

Tabor Delendum Est! Is there any way that this could kinda sorta be twisted euphemistically to mean "Tabor Must Go Down"? Isn't ignorance of Latin becoming mandatory in this country? Like the metric system? When was the last time you measured anything other than drugs using grams? Can someone give my chain a good yank before I tumble from a precipitous digression? There's a good chap.


Whoa! Slow your spurs down there, Tex! Let's take this one at a time:

(edit: no I'm not a pirate)



Tabor Delendum Est! Is there any way that this could kinda sorta be twisted euphemistically to mean "Tabor Must Go Down"?


Of course! This is the internets! Anything can mean anything you want it to. You could even invent a term that is a non-gender specific derogatory term by fusing the 2 words that make up a medical apparatus!

Isn't ignorance of Latin becoming mandatory in this country?


Esse quam videri, ese! That's all we care about in NC! Only Candidate Yosef will give you the choice to be ignorant of all other latin!

Like the metric system?


No, I don't really like it, although it can be useful.

When was the last time you measured anything other than drugs using grams?


As I said on Sadly, No!, the date was October 29, 2005. It was sometime in the evening.

Can someone give my chain a good yank before I tumble from a precipitous digression?


While I have no idea what this sentence even means, it sounds like something that teh could help you out with.

There's a good chap.


It's "Chaps" with an "s". And yes, they are good.

Well, I hope Thorlac and all the rest of y'all learned a little more about your candidate today. If you would like to have your question answered by the candidate on 3B!, feel free to submit any questions in the comments.

Thank you and may God continue to bless 3B!